Friday, August 16, 2013

DIY Dollar Store Apothecary jar take 2!

My first apothecary jar was so amazing I made another one. 

This was cheap and easy and I love it even more than the other ones!

Supplies:

Candle Stick ($1.00 from Dollar Tree)
Glass Jar ($1.00 from Dollar Tree)
Mod Podge (On hand or $5)
Foam Brush (On hand or $.10)
E6000 (On hand or $4.00)
Glitter (On hand or $3.00)
Total Cost: $2.00

Now I'm sorry I didn't take picture during the process but I get messy and did not want to ruin m camera.

1. Paint the candle stick with Mod Podge in sections and dump on glitter
2. Let dry about 20 minutes and do the same thing again
3. You might do this 2 or 3 times.
4. Let dry another 20 minutes.
5. Paint over the glitter at least 2 coats of Mod Podge to seal it all in
6. Let dry over night
7. Apply E6000 to the top of the candle stick (which is not covered in glitter)
8. Apply that to your jar.
9. Place something heavy in the jar to keep it still 
10. I used marbles
 
It's amazing right! I'm using it for bobby pins. I have lots of those. When I do see them at the dollar store I buy a pack. I go through them like crazy. 

It's my favorite!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment