Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thrift Store Jewelry Box

I did this project months ago but I had to wait to post it because it was a gift! The birthday gift for my bestie Ciara. So I had to wait to post until after I have it to her!


It all started with this thrift store jewelry box It was $3. The glass was broken out and the velvet had some staining. It seemed like someone spilled oil of some sort in there!

Step one was to paint it! I love this paint! I painted all of it! Including the pink velvet inside!

Next I taped the sides and added sripes on the top  of the box. 

Next I started adding glitter! A coat of Mod Podge and some beautiful glitter! It took about 4 coats but I would have been fine with 3!

I cut part of a pizza box to fit where the glass was supposed to be and with some Mod Podge and scrapbook paper went to work!

I was left with this beauty! 

She LOVED this box! It has gold, glitter, and sheet music! What's not to love!


No comments:

Post a Comment